Julia Polyck-O'Neill



Corrective

I am a small continent
an island predominantly of birds
alluvial soils
verdant, a land of plenty
the narrative suggests I was once encumbered by a
zigzag peninsula
but I see no evidence
the tides have washed away the
connective topologies
this absence is a corrective
I decline invitations to be mapped
men have drowned just offshore
I curve around
a quiet inlet &
breathe migratory paths



Julia Polyck-O’Neill is an artist, curator, critic, and writer. Her writing has been published in B.C. Studies, Feminist Spaces, Tripwire, Fermenting Feminisms (a project of the Laboratory for Aesthetics and Ecology, curated by Lauren Fournier), and The Avant Canada Anthology (WLU Press, forthcoming 2018). She has published two chapbooks, Everything will be taken away (2018) and femme (2016), both with above/ground press.