Michael Mallen





Ease American

a a a a a a a a a a a a a about accepting accepting accepting accepting adding airplane along and and and and and and and and apple are are are are are are are are are are are are ash ask at backwards beautiful behind behind behind believe believe believe believe belts better big big big bigger bigger bite bootheels bootheels brand building building building building building building building burning business but but  by callers callers callers callers calling calling calling can can can can car cardboard cash castles chains chains cigarette coke come comfort corporate corridors democracy's directions DJ do do do do doesn't doesn't doublewide doublewide dress drifting drink drink dude dude dude eagle edge edition edition events ever ever fastening fat find fluffy food food for for front grooming handling handling hat hat he he he he he he he he he he he he he he head he's he's his his his his his if if if if in in in in in in in in is is is is is is is is is is is is is is is is it it it it it joke jungle key key knows lanes leaves ledge let like like limited limited lines living location lose lose making matter matter me meet mind money money moon more morning mr. music need never no now now now now now now now now now of of of of of of on on on one one one one ones onion only out party pendant pendant people people pepsi please poodle prime prime religion religion religion religion religion remind resist resist right safety sand says says says seems send serving serving shanties she shine shine show sign sign sing skinny some some song stepping sultan take take tattoos tents that the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the there's these these this through to to to to to to to to to today today tomorrow tomorrow towards true turn turn up us useless useless wacky waining walk way we we we we we we we we we we we we weaving we're we're we're when white who widening with would yesterday you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you your your your your your your your your you're you're

 

Back Off

why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why to the than than take style stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay stay smile skin skin shits see see rhyme poison rather rather out out more monkey monkey monkey monkey love line line less know know know know know know know know know know know know know know know know know know know know know know keeps keep it it it is is is inch in in in I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I holding have have god give gay for fashion fashion every every ends don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't do do dead dead cool cool blind blow be be away away away away away away away away away away away away away away away away away away away away away away away away away away away away away away arrgh an a


“A Parallel in Romantic Rights” is inspired by the song “Romantic Rights” by Death From Above 1979.
“Cursed” is inspired by the song “The Sweetest Curse” by Baroness.
“Ease American” is inspired by the song “Comfort Eagle” by CAKE.
“Back Off” is inspired by “Stay Away” by Nirvana.


Michael Mallen is a Windsor, ON. author. His works have been featured in The Windsor Salt, the South Detroit Chapbook Series (Biblioasis), and Angry Old Man Magazine. His first chapbook, One Foot Shorter, was published by Rampage in 2018.