The art of writing #73 : mwpm

How did publishing your first chapbook change your writing? What have the differences been since?

Admittedly, publishing my first chapbook didn't change much. I appreciated the attention of my first and second chapbook publishers (Kyle Flemmer of The Blasted Tree and Joakim Norling of Timglaset), but I can't say my writing has changed noticeably since then. And if it has, I haven't noticed.

Have you a daily schedule by which you work, or are you working to fit this in between other activities?

I don't. But I probably should.

What are your favourite print or online literary journals?

rob mclennan's Touch the Donkey is an old favourite. Lithica Ann's ubu is a new favourite.

Who are some of the writers you are reading lately that most excite you?

Sheri Benning, Carlie Blume, Conyer Clayton, Hollay Ghadery, Kevin Heslop, Liz Howard, Kyle Kinaschuk, Annick MacAskill, Cassidy McFadzean, Klara du Plessis, Kate Siklosi, chelsea wakelyn... to name a few.

 

 

 

mwpm is the author of two chapbooks, Cryptopoems (The Blasted Tree) and tm (Timglaset). Their writing has also appeared in baldhip, filling Station, Plenitude, and untethered. mwpm lives and writes on the Haldimand tract, traditional territory of the Neutral, Anishnaabe and Haudenosaunee peoples.

A selection of his poems appear in the first and sixth issues.